Imagine undergoing a complex dental treatment like a root canal, extraction, or oral surgery. When your treatment is complete, you have no recollection of the time it took, the noise, or the discomfort you were expecting. We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry. Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- Sedation dentistry allows us to provide a variety of dental treatments safely and comfortably for patients who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist.
- A fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- A hard time sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting (and staying) numb from anesthetics
- A gag reflex that complicates dental treatment
I am nervous about being unconscious. What levels of sedation are available to me?
There is no need to be nervous about having sedation dentistry at our practice. We are licensed by the American Dental Association, and you will find that we are both respectful and professional at all times.
Sedation dentistry is closely regulated by law, and there are three sedative states at which your dentist can administer your treatment. Our office performs only mild conscious sedation with "laughing gas" (nitrous oxide) to help alleviate dental anxiety. You will be awake with a sense of deep relaxation. Recovery is quick so you can go back to your day/activities immediately.